Registered Charity Number 800335

Huntingdonshire Genealogy Links

Huntingdonshire Parishes - Bythorn


Brief Description:

BYTHORN, a parish in the hundred of LEIGHTONSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, 6½ miles (N.W. by N.) from Kimbolton, containing 293 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, united to the rectory of Brington, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, The church is dedicated to St. Lawrence. There is a place of worship for Particular Baptists.

This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"
Registration District:
Bythorn was in the Thrapston Registration District of Northamptonshire from 1st July 1837, but it subsequently came under the Raunds sub-District of Thrapston. In 1935, the parish was transferred to the Spaldwick sub-District. It is now part of the Huntingdon District.

First Appearance of Name:
Charter - 974.
Available Bookstall items:

1841 Census
1851 Census
1891 Census


GENUKI Huntingdonshire - Bythorn

Click here to return to previous page

Last Updated on: 29 November 2001
©2000-. Huntingdonshire Family History Society.