HFHS Logo

HUNTINGDONSHIRE
FAMILY HISTORY SOCIETY

Registered Charity Number 800335

Huntingdonshire Genealogy Links

Huntingdonshire Parishes - Coppingford

 

Brief Description:

COPPINGFORD, a parish in the hundred of LEIGHTONSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, 6½ miles (S.) from Stilton, containing 70 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, consolidated with that of Upton, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at 18.13.1½., and in the patronage of Lord Montague. The church, which was dedicated to All Saints, is in ruins.

This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"
Hundred:
LEIGHTONSTONE
Registration District:
The parish of Upton-cum-Coppingford was originaly in the Huntingdon Registration District from 1st July 1837. Subsequently it became part of the Sawtry sub-District. Once again, from 1st April 1997, it is directly under the Huntingdon Registration District.

First Appearance of Name:
Domesday Book - 1086.
Available Bookstall items:

1841 Census
1851 Census
1891 Census

Links:

GENUKI Huntingdonshire - Coppingford


Click here to return to previous page

Last Updated on: 29 November 2001
©2000-. Huntingdonshire Family History Society.