HFHS Logo

HUNTINGDONSHIRE
FAMILY HISTORY SOCIETY

Registered Charity Number 800335

Huntingdonshire Genealogy Links

Huntingdonshire Parishes - Ellington

 

Brief Description:

ELLINGTON, a parish in the hundred of LEIGHTONSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, 5½ Miles (W. by N.) from Huntingdon, containing 344 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at 20, endowed with 200 private benefaction, 400 royal bounty, and 300 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Peterhouse, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to All Saints.

This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"
Hundred:
LEIGHTONSTONE
Registration District:
Ellington was originally in the Huntingdon Registration District from 1st July 1837. Subsequently it became part of the Spaldwick sub-District, but it is now directly under the Huntingdon District again.

First Appearance of Name:
Charter - 974.
Available Bookstall items:

1841 Census
1851 Census
1891 Census

Links:

GENUKI Huntingdonshire - Ellington
Roll of Honour - Huntingdonshire War Memorials


Click here to return to previous page

Last Updated on: 29 November 2001
©2000-. Huntingdonshire Family History Society.