HFHS Logo

HUNTINGDONSHIRE
FAMILY HISTORY SOCIETY

Registered Charity Number 800335

Huntingdonshire Genealogy Links

Huntingdonshire Parishes - Everton-cum-Tetworth (Bedfordshire)

 

Brief Description:

EVERTON, a parish in the hundred of BIGGLESWADE, county of BEDFORD, 4¾ miles (N. by E.) from Biggleswade, containing, with Tetworth, 334 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage with that of Tetworth united to it, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at 6.13.9., and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Clare Hall, Cambridge. The church, which stands in the county of Huntingdon, is dedicated to St. Mary.

TETWORTH. a joint parish with Everton, in the hundred of TOSELAND, county of HUNTINGDON, 3 miles (N. by W.) from Potton, containing exclusively of Everton, 180 inhabitants.

This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"

Everton-cum-Tetworth straddles the borders of Bedfordshire and Huntingdonshire, the parish actually stood in Huntingdonshire. Tetworth is the Huntingdonshire section. To add to the confusion closeby is Gamlingay Heath in Cambridgeshire.

Hundred:
BIGGLESWADE
Registration District:
Tetworth was originally in the St Neots Registration District, which itself became a sub-district of Huntingdon. From 1st April 1997, it has been in the Huntingdon Registration District.

First Appearance of Name:
Tetworth - Charter - 1150.
Available Bookstall items:

1841 Census - Tetworth
1851 Census - Tetworth
1891 Census - Tetworth
Monumental Inscriptions - Everton-cum-Tetworth

Links:

GENUKI Huntingdonshire - Everton
GENUKI Huntingdonshire - Tetworth

Genweb Cambridgeshire War memorial - Gamlingay Heath & Tetworth


Click here to return to previous page

Last Updated on: 13 January 2001
©2000-. Huntingdonshire Family History Society.