HFHS Logo

HUNTINGDONSHIRE
FAMILY HISTORY SOCIETY

Registered Charity Number 800335

Huntingdonshire Genealogy Links

Huntingdonshire Parishes - Fletton

 

Brief Description:

FLETTON, a parish in the hundred of NORMAN-CROSS, county of HUNTINGDON, 1 mile (S. by E.) from Peterborough, containing 159 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at 9.3.9. The Earl of Carysfort was patron in 1798. The church is dedicated to St. Margaret. In digging a well in this parish, in the year 1739, fossil shells and wood were found at the depth of thirty feet.

This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"
Hundred:
NORMAN CROSS
Registration District:
Fletton has been in the Peterborough Registration District continuously since 1st July 1837.

First Appearance of Name:
Charter - 664.
Available Bookstall items:

1841 Census
1851 Census
1891 Census

Links:

GENUKI Huntingdonshire - Fletton


Click here to return to previous page

Last Updated on: 1 December 2001
©2000-. Huntingdonshire Family History Society.