HFHS Logo

HUNTINGDONSHIRE
FAMILY HISTORY SOCIETY

Registered Charity Number 800335

Huntingdonshire Genealogy Links

Huntingdonshire Parishes - Great Staughton

 

Brief Description:

STAUGHTON (GREAT), a parish comprising the divisions of North Side and South Side, in the hundred of TOSELAND, county of HUNTINGDON, 3¼ miles (S.E. by S.) from Kimbolton, and containing 1173 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £ 20, and in the. patronage of the President and Fellows of St. Johnís College, Oxford. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. There are two small be quests in support of a school, by Elizabeth Couyers, in 1709, and John Poachby, in 1727.

This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"
Hundred:
TOSELAND
Registration District:
Great Staughton was originally in the St. Neots Registration District from 1st July 1837. Subsequently it became part of the Kimbolton sub-District, but it is now directly under the Huntingdon District.

First Appearance of Name:
Staughton - Charter - 974.
Available Bookstall items:

1841 Census
1851 Census
1891 Census
Monumental Inscriptions

Links:

GENUKI Huntingdonshire - Great Staughton
The Great Staughton Sundial


Click here to return to previous page

Last Updated on: 2 December 2001
©2000-. Huntingdonshire Family History Society.