HFHS Logo

HUNTINGDONSHIRE
FAMILY HISTORY SOCIETY

Registered Charity Number 800335

Huntingdonshire Genealogy Links

Huntingdonshire Parishes - Hemingford Abbots

 

Brief Description:

HEMINGFORD (ABBOTS), a parish in the hundred of TOSELAND, county of HUNTINGDON, 2½ miles (W.) from St. Ives, containing 400 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at 26.13.4. Lady Olivia Sparrow was patroness in 1811, The church is dedicated to St. Margaret. A school for the education of boys and girls is supported by the rector.

This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"
Hundred:
TOSELAND
Registration District:
Hemingford Abbots was originally in the Registration District of St Ives, which later became a sub-district of Huntingdon. From 1 April 1997, the parish is now in the Registration District of Huntingdon.

First Appearance of Name:
Hemingford - Charter - 973.
Available Bookstall items:

1841 Census
1851 Census
1891 Census
Monumental Inscriptions
Hemingford Abbots - outline of a village story in its national context

Links:

GENUKI Huntingdonshire - Hemingford Abbots
Roll of Honour - Huntingdonshire War Memorials
Hemingford Abbots Village Website


Click here to return to previous page

Last Updated on: 30 May 2004
©2000-. Huntingdonshire Family History Society.