HFHS Logo

HUNTINGDONSHIRE
FAMILY HISTORY SOCIETY

Registered Charity Number 800335

Huntingdonshire Genealogy Links

Huntingdonshire Parishes - Keyston

 

Brief Description:

KEYSTON, a parish in the hundred of LEIGHTONSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, 3¼ miles (S.E. by E.) from Thrapston, containing 196 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at 29.5. Earl Fitzwilliam was patron in 1807. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist.

This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"
Hundred:
LEIGHTONSTONE
Registration District:
Keyston was in the Thrapston Registration District of Northamptonshire from 1st July 1837, but it subsequently came under the Raunds sub-District of Thrapston. In 1935, the parish was transferred to the Spaldwick sub-District. It is now part of the Huntingdon District.
First Appearance of Name:
Domesday Book - 1086
Available Bookstall items:

1841 Census
1851 Census
1891 Census
Monumental Inscriptions
Parish Registers

Links:

GENUKI Huntingdonshire - Keyston


Click here to return to previous page

Last Updated on: 5 December 2001
©2000-. Huntingdonshire Family History Society.