Huntingdonshire Parishes - Offord Cluny
OFFORD-CLUNY, a parish in the hundred of TOSELAND, county of HUNTINGDON, 5 miles (N. N. E.) from St. Neots, containing 237 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £ 19. 2. 1., and in the patronage of the Bishop of London. The church is dedicated to All Saints. A charity school is endowed with £30, the bequest of Dr. Newcome, in 1763.
This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"
|Offord Cluny has been in the St Neots Registration District since 1st July 1837.|
First Appearance of Name:
|Offord - Domesday Book - 1086.|
Available Bookstall items:
Click here to return to previous page
Updated on: 20 October 2003
©2001. Huntingdonshire Family History Society.