HFHS Logo

HUNTINGDONSHIRE
FAMILY HISTORY SOCIETY

Registered Charity Number 800335

Huntingdonshire Genealogy Links

Huntingdonshire Parishes - Sibson-cum-Stibbington

 

Brief Description:

STIBBINGTON, a parish in the hundred or NORMAN-CROSS, county of HUNTINGDON, 1 mile (E. by S.) from Wansford, containing with the hamlet of Sibson, 374 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at 7.13.6½, and in the patronage of the Duke of Bedford. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist.

SIBSON, a hamlet in the parish of STIBBINGTON, hundred of NORMAN-CROSS, county of HUNTINGDON, 1½ mile (S. E.) from Wansford. The population is returned with the parish.

This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"
Hundred:
NORMAN CROSS
Registration District:

Sibson-cum-Stibbington was originally in the Stamford Registration District of Lincolnshire from 1st July 1837. Subsequently it was transferred to the Barnack sub-District of Huntingdonshire. It was then later transferred to the Peterborough Registration District.

From 1st April 1998, marriage records were transferred to the Huntingdon Registry Office, but the births and burial records were retained by Peterborough.

First Appearance of Name:
Both Sibson and Stibbington - Domesday Book - 1086.
Available Bookstall items:

1841 Census
1851 Census
1891 Census

Links:

GENUKI Huntingdonshire - Sibson-cum-Stibbington


Click here to return to previous page

Last Updated on: 15 December 2001
©2000-. Huntingdonshire Family History Society.