HFHS Logo

HUNTINGDONSHIRE
FAMILY HISTORY SOCIETY

Registered Charity Number 800335

Huntingdonshire Genealogy Links

Huntingdonshire Parishes - Stow Longa

 

Brief Description:

STOW (LONG), a parish in the hundred of LEIGHTONSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, miles (N. by E.) from Kimbolton, containing, with Little Catwick, 194 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, endowed with 4 per annum, and 120 private benefaction, and 400 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Prebendary of Long-Stow in the Cathedral Church of Lincoln. The church is dedicated to St. Botolph.

This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"
Hundred:
LEIGHTONSTONE
Registration District:
Stow Longa was originally in the St. Neots Registration District from 1st July 1837. Subsequently it became part of the Kimbolton sub-District, but it is now directly under the Huntingdon District.

First Appearance of Name:
Inquisitio Eliensis - 1072-93.
Available Bookstall items:

1841 Census
1851 Census
1891 Census
Monumental Inscriptions

Links:

GENUKI Huntingdonshire - Stow Longa
Roll of Honour - Stow Longa War Memorial


Click here to return to previous page

Last Updated on: 23 December 2004
©2000-. Huntingdonshire Family History Society.