Huntingdonshire Parishes - Upwood
UPWOOD, a parish in the hundred of HURSTINGSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, 2¾ miles (S.W. by W.,) from Ramsey, containing 388 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to that of Great Raveley, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, endowed with £1400 parliamentary grant. The church is dedicated to St. Peter.
This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"
|The parish of Upwood was originally in the Huntingdon Registration District from 1st July 1837. It then became part of the Ramsey sub-District. From 1st April 1997 it again became directly part of the Huntingdon Registration District.|
First Appearance of Name:
|Charter - 974.|
Available Bookstall items:
Click here to return to previous page
Updated on: 30 June 2003
©2000-. Huntingdonshire Family History Society.