HFHS Logo

HUNTINGDONSHIRE
FAMILY HISTORY SOCIETY

Registered Charity Number 800335

Huntingdonshire Genealogy Links

Huntingdonshire Parishes - {parish}

 

Brief Description:

WITTON, or WYTTON, a parish in the hundred of HURSTINGSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, 2½ miles (W. by N.) from St. Ives, containing 261 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of Houghton, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln. The church is dedicated to All Saints. The river Ouse passes through the parish.

This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"
Hundred:
HURSTINGSTONE
Registration District:
Wyton was originally in the St. Ives Registration District from 1st July 1837, which became a sub-District until 31st March 1997. It is now in the Registration District of Huntingdon.

First Appearance of Name:
Charter - 974.
Available Bookstall items:

1841 Census
1851 Census
1891 Census
Monumental Inscriptions

Links:

GENUKI Huntingdonshire - parish


Click here to return to previous page

Last Updated on: 17 December 2001
©2000-. Huntingdonshire Family History Society.